“Love these brushes!” Nancy, Nancy Helmer Photography
“These brushes ROCK! Worth the price & then some!” – Dawn, Dawn V Gilmore Photography
“Don’t walk, run and get the entire set of Brushes from +Gavin Seim” Alan M
Elegance Brush Install Tips & Features – Watch the Video.
NOTE: Brush tools install differently than do Develop Presets. Watch the video above for full details.
- In the presets folder copy brushes into “Local Adjustment Presets”, not “Develop Presets” -
Gavin Seim on Brushes
“Brushes in Lightroom are a powerful tool. They can help us control tone, color and beyond with subtle detail and without leaving the LR environment. For some a simple burn or dodge may be all that’s needed. Others may want to go further and keep creative brushes at their fingertips. Elegance is about powerful simplicity. Quality well planned brushes that give you easy access to tools to make your images better. It’s all about putting you in control and saving time.
Elegance Brushes – Gavin’s editing presets are second to none and Elegance is no exception. In fact they’re guaranteed to please. These brushes are designed to work quickly and without clutter. Each has it’s own unique look and can be easily customized an needed. Quickly increase or decrease the intensity of the brush by altering the Flow and Density. Adjust your bush size for larger, smaller, harder and softer brushing. Use essential brushes like burn and dodge for quick tonal control. Or move up to advanced tools like the HDR or Sunset brush to add impact to your best images.
About Gavin - Gavin is a twenty-seven year old photographer and educator who’s spent over a decade understanding the subtleties of digital photography. He’s a master of LR as well as efficient refined digital editing and is fanatical about quality. Gavin’s real world experience and endless studies have made him skilled in a wise range of photographic work and the tools he produces are known around the world for quality and his personal service is setting a standard for the photo tools industry. You can learn more about Gavin here. You can also view his pictorials here and his portrait work here.
Click below to expand a list of the brushes included in the complete collections and what they d0.
A few tips to remember…
- Access the brush panel using the K key.
- Auto Mask is best left unchecked for most corrections.
- You can harden, soften and change sizes via brush panel.
- Flow, Controls the rate of application of the adjustment.
- Density, Controls the amount of transparency in the stroke.
- Holding Opt (Alt) which snap the brush to erase mode.
- Each pin represents a brush application. Pins can be shown/hidden via the toolbar (T)
- The Brush List… V1.0
- 01. Burn Half Stop: A simple half stop exposure burn for quick tonal reduction.
- 02. Dodge Half Stop: A simple half stop exposure dodge for quick tonal increase.
- 03. Shadow Burn: A burn tool that darkens mainly shadow tones adding rich density.
- 04. Highlight Dodge: A dodge tool the lightens mostly highlight for great contrast.
- 05. Gavs Vivid Brush: A combo brush that boosts tone and color fast, bit not too far.
- 06. Gavs Skin Brush: A special combination of softening and detail control for softening skin and background areas.
- 07. Skin Brush v2: A more intense skin brush with some added fleshtone.
- 08. The Warm Brush: A warm tone brush. Fast localized warming of color.
- 09. The Cool Brush: A cooling brush. Great for blues or cooling of a warm part of the scene.
- 10. The Vintage Brush: Color and tone blending for a vintage look.
- 11. The Cross Brush: A little localized color twist you can brush on.
- 12. The Blue Sky Brush: A blue enriching brush meant for to produce blue skies.
- 13. The Sunset Brush: Rich warm tones and reddish hues. Great for enhancing a sunset sky.
- 14. Gavs HDR Brush: A powerful tone control tool for increasing dynamic range in a localized area.
- 15. Dragon Brush: An edgy tonal look with a bit of grunge. Just try it.
- 16. The Blur Brush: A power localized blur tool. Use it add bokeh or reduce detail.
- 17. The Color Booster: A saturation booster brush.
- 18. The Color Drainer: A gentle saturation reduction brush.
- 19. The Pastel Brush: A color softener with a bit of pastel hue.
- 20. The Super Burn Brush: A bold darkening brush with deep shadow.
- 21. The Super Dodge Brush: A bold lightening brush with contrasty lights.
- 22. Gavs Silver Brush: A localized black and white conversion brush.
- 23. Shadow Fixin Brush: A brush for quickly recovering shadow detail.
- 24. Highlight Fixin Brush: A brush for recovering localized highlight detail.
A few more samples from Elegance brushes. Click the dropdown above for a complete list of included brushes. Note that this demo pattern is just to illustrate brush effects at 100%. They can be sized and made hard or soft in the LR brush panel.
Real Customer Raves… Join 5500+ Facebook fans.
”Very impressed” – Kim, Kim Critchfield Photography
“I just wanted to say that I am IN LOVE with these presets” Rebecca.
“Great Stuff” Anthony Wood Photography
“Just wanted to let you know I bought your Lightroom presets recently, and coming back from Italy with 2500 shots, I think your presets are AMAZING.” Jean Francois Garneau
“I LOVE your presets!” Leah Stern
“You are a bloody genius! I’ve got loads of presets but yours are the ones I routinely go back to. If creating presets were a scientific endeavor, I’ve no doubt you’d be a Laureate by now.” Richard Barry
“Awesome Bro! Just installed them. Intense. Keep rockin.” John P. Argueta, JargaPix
“Your presets are a must for anyone with Lightroom.” Laurie H.
**Sales tax applicable in WA state. All images and content, products and information copyright Seim Studios (c).
Adobe Lightroom 4 required to use this product (not included).
More Great Stuff From Seim Effects...